Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Dossier Complete!

Our I-171 finally came yesterday so this morning I faxed everything to be ok'd by our agency (it was), our friend comes to notarize the last few documents this afternoon, then off it goes with a big ol' check to our agency, then off to Nepal. Phew!

So now what? I wish I knew. It really just means that we join the line of families waiting to be matched with a child from Nepal. To my knowledge the families who have been matched so far sent their dossiers in February and March. This may or may not mean that we will receive a match within the next 7 or 8 months. It will likely be longer.

In other good news, our agency received it's first 2 referrals this week for families who sent their dossiers earlier this year. That is very exciting!

Thanks for praying for us and for our little boy while we wait. I'll keep you posted!

6 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you guys and am hoping and praying that the wait is much shorter than you expect.

    Love you all,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl!! I'm so thrilled for your family! What an awesome couple of days!! I'll be praying right along with you for that little boys of yours (and ours too) :) and that you'll get your referral sooner than you plan!

    I'm praying we won't be far behind you! We should have our I171H in hand by the end of October! So the ONLY thing that could possibly be standing in our way would be money...but did you happen to read my last post??? God did a miracle and I'm totally believing for another one....SOON! I'm ready to get in line for our boy(s)!!!

    Love ya!
    Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elissa -
    I am just now getting caught up on your blog. (I've been a little self-involved.) I am so thrilled for you and really, really enjoy hearing about how God changed the desire of your heart to be in-line with what He has in store for you. He is so good to us! I am also enjoying learning about the differences between Nepal and China. I can see how Nepal might be catagorized as "lonely." Although our second China trip had that feel to it vs. our first which was filled with amazing people to chat and pray with. I hope your journey is filled with amazing people. Now tell that adoption dude to hurry things up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great hearing about your family. Congrats on the progress of your adoption. I can't imagine the wait, but it will certainly be worth it. And how wonderful for a little boy to have a home to call his very own.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am PRAYING for that boy! The one chosen for you and your family before time began. The one of whom God knows the face, age, future, gifts, number of hairs on his head, every tear he will shed, every smile he will shine out, the day you will see him, the day you will hold him. I'm praying for a drawing near of God's presence in your life as you journey this road - that your relationship with Jesus will also fill you with a sense of closeness to your son before you ever even know who he is. Praying for the rhythm of peace deep within to settle you daily into His timing. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! So happy for you guys. So happy for the little guy. He's going to be so blessed to have you love him and parent him toward Christ. The journey is long and hard to him, but you have lots of friends praying you through it and I'm so honored (and obssessed) that I get to follow it along again :)

    ReplyDelete