(Cindy, thank you for the reminder that I needed to do an update!)
****Update: Got an email from our agency just now saying the two families from our agency who were in Nepal are now home with their little girls, and they reported no serious issues. They had to be there an extra week because of the shutdown, but I don't know what the total time was that they were there.
I don't have an update on the families from our agency who were in Nepal, but the one family whose blog I was following came home yesterday with their little boy. They were there about three and a half weeks. Not ideal, but not horrible considering there was a big shutdown while they were there. It seems as if there were no major snags in the process- that's huge!
Beyond all of the cost associated with a long trip, I try to prevent myself from spending too much time wondering whether we can be away from Lily for that long. It is borrowing tomorrow's worries, and we have no way of knowing how different the process will be when it's finally our turn. As of right now it doesn't look like a great idea to take Lily, but the thought of being away from her for that long makes me want to throw up. I know she'd be fine with her grandparents (by the way G&G and N&N, can you take care of her??) but I'm not sure I would. We know families who have taken their children and left them, and we know there are pros and cons both ways. Right now all I see are the cons to both ways...
Anyway, praise God for protecting the adopting families in Nepal and for placing these precious orphans in families!
Monday, May 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Ugh. I'm so sorry. I can't even imagine the uncertainty. It must really wear on you. I'll be praying. Continuing to pray, that is. . .
ReplyDeleteOh, it was very hard when we left our Hannah to go get Emma. Broke my heart! But, it was for the best, and I wouldn't do it differently if I had to do it again. It's a hard choice for sure.
ReplyDelete-Jen
sjwaits@aol.com