The message this morning was about fear being an opportunity to be courageous. God wants us to be courageous in this adoption-- to move forward in obedience even though we don't know how it's going to work out. That's no problem for Kyle-- he is not tempted by fear like I am. One of the principles in the sermon was that we have to be courageous in order for those around us to know that they can trust God when they are courageous. Kyle has beautifully modeled courageous obedience to me, and I'm so thankful for his example. Thank you Kyle, my lion of courage. I love you and I'm proud of the example you are for our family. Your little boy is already blessed by your courage and he doesn't even know it yet.
Sunday, June 28, 2009
Courage
What a great message at church this morning. Have I told you that this adoption scares me to death? The fact that I have no idea how it's going to go, how we are going to pay for it, how old he's going to be, what Lily will think of sharing the spotlight...it all scares me to death. But consistently over the past 3 weeks the Lord has reminded me that He does this to me on purpose. I have to trust Him when I can't figure things out on my own, so He constantly puts things in my path that I can't control.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Thanks for this. I needed to read that!
ReplyDeleteOh Elissa I so totally relate to how you feel. I too have those times of fear and doubt. Wondering just how the Lord is going to provide, how old our little boy will be, when might we have the privilege of going to get him, the flying to another country again. It can be overwhelming at times.
ReplyDeleteI too am thankful for a husband who doesn't worry but puts his complete trust in God.
The awesome thing is we (you & I) both know that this is where the Lord has called our families to go and He will provide all we need and His timing will be perfect!
I know I've already told you this before but I am so thankful to have met you! To have a brother and sister in Lord sharing this adoption journey with is such a blessing! We will continue to keep your family in prayer and your sweet baby boy. I was wondering last night if our little guys have been born yet. What a blessing knowing the Lord is watching over and taking care of their needs.
Isaiah 26:3
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
Father you will keep our families especially Elissa and I in perfect peace, because we will choose to keep our minds fixed on you Lord...because we TRUST in you. Thank you for our husbands who don't worry like we do :) Father these adoptions are your plan and we walk in faithful obedience not having all the answers and not know the timing but knowing that You are in complete control! Thank you for bringing us on this adoption journey again...we are excited to be parents to these precious little boys! We lay all our fears at your feet and put all our trust in You. In Jesus name amen.
Sigh. Yes, we all have fears to face in this calling to adopt. I struggle with the fear of never being to do another one. It is a blessing to be part of a community that encourages and inspires such as this. I'm praying for you girl! Be courageous and I'm stepping right behind ya!
ReplyDelete